Reminders let you schedule and send customized emails to different groups of users in your organisation. They are great for things like reminding people to update their goals, encouraging people to perform a certain action or even jogging your own memory.
Reminders are accessed by clicking on your initials in the upper right-hand corner and selecting "Reminders."
Setting Up Reminders
- From the Reminders page, click +Add Reminder
- Add the Subject and Body of what you want to include within the reminder email. These emails support HTML and have the ability to hyperlink snapshot reports within the email.
- When your email has been composed, select Send Me A Preview to see an example of what the reminder will look like.
Note: Emails must be enabled in the system to receive the preview email.
- Next, choose who will receive the reminder email by selecting your audience.
Choosing your Audience
There are seven different options when choosing your audience:
1. All users
2. Managers in the organisation
3. A particular person’s team
4. All users with goals
5. A certain privilege level (multiple privileges can be selected)
6. A particular business unit (multiple business units can be selected)
7. Specific individuals
- You will see a preview of all the people that fit into each category you select, that way you can double-check that you are sending your reminder to the intended audience.
- Any additional users that you add to the system that fit in the selected category, will be automatically added to the Reminder recipient list.
- The default timezone will be your current timezone, however, this can be changed, which can be useful when your Organisation spans across multiple locations.
- Reminders can be scheduled to send out weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, or yearly. You also have the option to select the specific day and time the reminder will be sent out. You will see a preview of when the first reminder will be sent.
One-off reminders allow you to compose your message and select your audience, and send out the Reminder at any time you wish.
- Once your Reminder is saved you will see a “Send Now” button next to your Reminder. Simply click this when you want to send your Reminder. You will see a confirmation message with the number of emails you are about to send.
Users with Strategy Privilege will see a second set of Reminders called “Organisational Reminders”, these are Reminders that are shared by Strategy Privilege users. These are great for Reminders that need to be managed by multiple people. They function the exact same way as My Reminders, with the added ability of multiple users managing them.
Advanced: Custom HTML for Goal Update Reminder
It's possible to add links to specific reports and more to a Goal Update reminder by using HTML tags in the editor.
See below for an example of what this can look like, and continue reading along to learn how to build one of your own using the same template!
Locate the Goal Update Reminder, and click the pencil to edit it.
To format the Reminder this way, copy and paste the following HTML into the editor and replace the instanceid/Snapshot IDs/titles as needed. Cascade reminders do not currently allow normal formatting this way because the editor is not a rich text editor.
<b>Please log in to Cascade to update progress on your Goals.</b>
Go under Your Name > My Dashboard to see your Goals:
<b>(1) Click a Goal listed in the table</b>
<b>(2) Mark off completed Tasks or update the % completed</b>
<b>(3) Add a "Progress Update”</b>
To see where you stand, run the relevant Snapshot report that summarizes your efforts:
<a href="https://instanceid.executestrategy.net/reports/snapshots/#">Your Personal Snapshot</a>
<a href="https://instanceid.executestrategy.net/reports/snapshots/#">Strategic Plan: Full Summary</a>
<a href="https://instanceid.executestrategy.net/reports/snapshots/#">Your Department Report</a>
- Use the in-app chat to ask questions, or email email@example.com
- Visit the <a href="https://product.executestrategy.net/?hsCtaTracking=a3a3b768-1d44-467c-aaf3-1496d2997dfc%7Cfed177c8-0a65-4f32-98f7-19f748d44f1f">Cascade Academy</a> for quick guides and resources </P>
For general information on email notifications in Cascade, see this article.